|National Point of Contact|
June 2017 - June 2019
June 2017 - June 2019
Welcome to the French page for the Space Generation Advisory Council!
France is a major player in institutional and industrial space activities at the European and international level since the early space age. It is one of the key actors for the future of European space activities with its contribution to the European Space Agency and the top commercial launch provider of satellites with the Guiana Space Center. Space industries in France are located all around the country, with two major centers in Paris and Toulouse. The French space sectors thus offers many opportunities for students and young professionals that SGAC brings to them, as well as enabling to build your international space network, offer you leadership opportunities, and give you a voice: at the United Nations, at space agencies, at academic institutions, and in industry. We hope you join us!
Young Space Activities in France
France offers plenty of opportunities for the next generation. The two main geographical areas for space industry in France are Toulouse and the Paris area. Both regions have high level universities, a space museum (Cité de l'Espace) and host alternatively international conferences (Toulouse Space Show and the Paris Air Show). The Paris area mainly gathers industries in the sector of space transportation and Toulouse mainly gathers orbital systems industries. There are other regions highly involved in the space industry, namely Bordeaux (with for example Novespace) and Cannes (with for example Thales Alenia Space).
There are also plenty of opportunities for students to grow their knowledge by participating for example to the PERSEUS (Projet Etudiant de Recherche Spatiale) Program from CNES or attend the Ariane City Network Summer School. Check out the event calendar for 2017!
In addition, since France is a member state of the European Space Agency, any French student is entitled to participate to any program organised at ESA, as well as to attend any program from any EU member state country.
Upcoming Country-Specific Events
May 27 - June 1, 2018 - SpaceOps 2018, Marseille, France - Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) is collaborating with the Centre national d’études spatiales (CNES) a few activities during the SpaceOps:
- Nanosatellites Operations and their Launch activities Workshop on Sunday, 27th May
- Laboratoire D’Astrophysique De Marseille (LAM) Tour on Monday, 28th May
- Speed Mentoring Event on Tuesday, 29th May
- Laboratoire D’Astrophysique De Marseille (LAM) Tour on Friday, 1st June
Third Tuesday of each month - Les mardis de l’espace - Informal discussion about space topics with experts - Café du Pont-Neuf, Paris.
Third week of July ( Exact dates to be announced soon) - C’Space 2017 - Tarbes.
April 3-7 - Executive Space Course - ISU Central Campus, Strasbourg.
Fall 2017 (Exact dates to be announced soon) - TTVS (Technique/Technologies et Véhicules Spatiaux) - two-week technical class on orbital spacecraft - Toulouse.
Two first weeks of July (Exact dates to be announced soon) - Universpace - 15-day technical and high-level strategic course with industry visits and special guests- Toulouse.
Technical Competence Communities (CCT) - Short one or two days seminars on a space-related topic, year-long, in Toulouse; Free participation.
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in France
Groups, People, Institutions
- Association Aéronautique et Astronautique de France (3AF)
- Association Planète Mars (French branch of Mars Society)
- Centre Nationale d’Etudes Spatiales
- Communauté des Villes Ariane - Community of Ariane Cities
- Groupe Parlementaire sur l’Espace
- Groupement des Industries Françaises Aéronautiques et Spatiales
- Institut du Droit de l’Espace et des Télécommunications
- Institut Français d’Histoire de l’Espace
- International Space University
- Planete Science
- Office National d’Etudes et de Recherches Aérospatiales
- Student Aerospace Challenge
Formations spatiales - Space Training
University Paris-Sud 11 (Masters Degree in Space and Telecommunication Law)
University of Western Brittany (Masters Degree in International Law of Spaces)Institut du Droit de l’Espace et des Télécommunications
- Air et Cosmos - Aeronautics and Space Magazine
- Ciel et Espace - Astronomy focused magazine
- Espace & Exploration - Space focused magazine
Diversity of the Space Industry in France