Australian Space Generation Innovators Award
SGAC is pleased to announce the newly established Australian Space Generation Innovators Award which will provide support for three (3) young, enthusiastic Australian space innovators to attend both the 16th Space Generation Congress and the 68th International Astronautical Congress in Adelaide, Australia.
This scholarship provides Australian citizens and/or permanent residents, who are SGAC members and under the age of 35, with funding towards their participation at both events. The aim of this scholarship is for participants to take their experiences back to their local universities, companies and communities in order to enhance the local space industry and foster passions in future generations.
We are grateful to Mr. Ajeet Hansra for making this scholarship possible.
The Australian Space Generation Innovators Award will be open to graduate students and young professionals who are Australian citizens and/or permanent residents.
The submission of the application for the scholarship shall be as follows:
A one minute video showing the applicant’s motivation for attending the SGC and IAC. The applicant should elaborate on how this experience can inspire them to innovate within, and grow the Australian space sector. The video shall be uploaded to YouTube as a private video, with a URL provided in the application.
An essay (one page maximum) describing either:
(a) their current work in Australian space research fields/industry; and/or
(b) where they see the Australian space industry in ten (10) years from now.
The submission must conform to the scholarship guidelines.
There will be one (1) first place award and two (2) runner-up awards offered:
First Place Award (1): $1000 AUD
Runner-Up Awards (2): $500 AUD
The award will partially cover the expenses for the flight, accommodation and registration fees at the following events:
16th Space Generation Congress: 21 - 23 September 2017
68th International Astronautical Congress: 25 - 29 September 2017
- The language of all submissions must be in English.
- The essay should not exceed one (1) page in length.
- The essay is due as unlocked PDF documents under 5 MB. It shall be submitted via the Scholarships Submission Page. You will need to be logged in as an SGAC member to access this page - http://www.spacegeneration.org/log-in.
- All submissions must be made by 15 June 2017 1 July 2017, 23:59 GMT (extended). Any submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
- The scholarship is open to all graduate students and young professionals who are Australian citizens and/or permanent residents. All applicants must be SGAC members, 35 years of age or younger by 25 September 2017.
- Members of the SGAC Executive Office, Executive Council, scholarship organisers, and judges are not eligible for this award.
- Winners are required to support the running of SGC, and the SGAC booth at IAC. Examples of tasks could include being the rapporteur of a SGC Working Group, helping with writing a group report or helping at the SGAC booth at IAC.
- Winners are required to write a short report describing his or her experience at SGC and IAC which will be showcased on the SGAC newsletter.
- SGAC reserves the right to adjust the award amount and offer fewer or more prizes.
- The award shall be paid out after the congress, and upon fulfilment of all requirements in a suitable manner. It will be paid out not later than 30 days after fulfilment of all responsibilities.
- By submitting an entry, applicants agree to permit SGAC and other participating organisations to mention their names, affiliations and headshot picture in connection with the scholarship.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event that the award winner fails to attend SGC and/or IAC or is unable to under extenuating circumstances; in that case the award offer shall become void.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event that the award winner cannot obtain any necessary travel documents; if they are required but not obtained, the award offer shall become void.
- Copyright of the submitted materials shall remain with the applicants. However, by submitting an entry all applicants agree that SGAC and other participating organisations are granted non-exclusive reproduction rights regarding all these materials. SGAC and/or participating organisations may also present ideas and findings generated by this scholarship at relevant conferences.
|Paper and Video Submission Deadline||15 June 2017 1 July 2017, 23:59 GMT (extended)|
|Winners announced||30 June 2017 17 July 2017|
|Space Generation Congress||21 - 23 September 2017|
|International Astronautical Congress||
25 - 29 September 2017
For any questions, please contact the SGC Scholarships Coordinators:
SGAC would like to thank Mr. Ajeet Hansra for his support to establish this scholarship.